Monday, December 5, 2011

The Din Rehearsing Again

The Din Rehearsing Again
After one week off of school and not listening to Spanish for 10 days, I noticed the other night Jedadiah silently rehearsing the sounds of the Spanish alphabet.  He was having trouble falling asleep on Monday so he was singing himself to sleep with:
/t/ /t/ /t/ tengo
/s//s/ /s/ soy
/p/ /p/ /p/papa
/p/ /p/ /p/ papĂ 

I asked the following day about his song, and he just smiled.  The din is at work again. On Friday when I was in the classroom, I mentioned this to Sra. Mendoza.  She smiled and said that the students were playing games this week where they had to review all 50 sight words.  Much to his dismay, Jedadiah lost the first game to a girl but came back to school the next day and told Sra. Mendoza that he was ready to play that game again.  I guess that why he had been practicing his words.  Sra. Mendoza said he is self-motivated and doing really well in the perro grupo.

No comments:

Post a Comment