Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 27, March 5-9: Victor’s House


Victor’s House
What a fantastic opportunity for Jedadiah to be invited into one of his classmate’s homes.  His friend lives about two blocks from the school.  Khin and I were both hesitant for him to go un-chaperoned, so I asked Victor’s mom if Samara and I could go.  I wish we could have stayed longer, but after about an hour Jedadiah had to go to taekwondo.  It is really great for Jedadiah to see with his own eyes how his classmates live, what type of houses they occupy and how their families function.
From my viewpoint, I feel like my whole life has prepared me to be a mom whose children learn in a dual immersion program.  Thank God I went on many mission trips to Mexico and extended short-term mission intern trips to Asia. I can go almost anywhere and feel comfortable and see the good that each experience has to offer.  When my kids see that I am relaxed, they can enjoy the opportunity without worrying about their mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment