Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weeks 31-34: April 16-20, 2012 through May 12, 2012

Weeks 31-34
April 16-20, 2012 through May 12, 2012


I have been remiss in writing, as life has gotten busier and I have gotten lazier. 
The students have continued to amaze me in all that they have learned. 
Here are a few highlights:

  • Jedadiah is now writing 4-5 sentences in paragraph form.  The only sentence he is missing is a concluding sentence, which he will learn in first grade.  Also, next year he will add more supporting details to his sentences. 
  • He has passed his cumulative spelling test, knowing all 50 of the kindergarten sight words. He has earned his medal, which he will receive on the day of kinder graduation, May 29th. 
  • His class is now learning subtraction.  I don’t believe I learned this math concept till the end of my first grade year. 
  • This week and next, all of the students are being tested on all that they have learned this year: sounds and letters of the alphabet, numbers, out of order, 1-30, shapes, colors, words of frequency, math patterns, literacy skills, reading, retelling of a story, spelling, math concepts and writing  a paragraph using correct capitalization rules, spelling, spacing and punctuation. 
  • He is now reading in both English and Spanish.  I help him sound out the word in English, but with Spanish he is reading with speed, accuracy and confidence.  He is telling me about the silent e rule in words such as like, ride and smile.



  • We turned in his ultimate homework packet yesterday!  He has no more homework for the last 13 days of school.  Of course, I will create some homework packets for him that will include reading logs, math from his Kumon math workbooks and writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment