Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Literacy at Home

This week we started working on some of the math, reading & writing worksheets that Mrs. Liechty shared during the Kinder Parent Training.  Jedadiah thought the addition & subtraction papers were easy.  I still can't believe they are learning at this level in kindergarten.  Also, he completed a writing web for a story about playing beyblade.
He chose his topic: Beyblade
Then I asked him why do you like playing Beyblade?
He gave me three reasons:
1. It's fun
2. I can play with my friends
3. I can play anywhere with beyblades

I said great.  Let me type into Google Translator what you told me in English, so you can write it in Spanish.  I logged onto my compter, went to the Google Homepage, typed in what he had told me and wrote the Spanish translation.  I proceeded to Jedadiah's desk to give him the paper, and much to my surprise he had already completed his paragraph in Spanish by himself.  It looked correct to me, but we turned it in on Friday so Sra. Oliver could check his grammar.  He is writing paragraphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment