Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 24- San Valentin

Week 24-Feb. 13-17
San Valentìn        Valentine’s Day
We prepared Valentìn bags filled with home-made brownies, a pencil, a rice crispy treat and a few other goodies to give to all of his classmates.  In addition, Jedadiah wrote out 24 Valentine cards to give to all of his friends. 
When I picked him up from school, he had several goody bags from other classmates and a big mail truck filled with cards from some other classmates.  He said, “I am beginning to like Valentine’s Day.” I said why because you got lots of candy today but he said no because today all I got to share with all of my friends and they shared with me.  I thought this was a good notion of what true love is…Valentine’s Day has become so commercialized, but I think Jedadiah understood what the day really is supposed to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment