Friday, November 11, 2011

Oral Presentation

Oral Presentation
Monday when I picked him up, Sra. Mendoza wanted to talk to me.  I am always nervous when his teachers want to have a private conversation with me.  She said that he had done his oral presentation in English.  I asked him what happened.  You have your presentation memorized in Spanish.  What happened to the cards that we had made with your presentation written down?  The 4 cards were in his back pack.  He said he was the only student to poop out.  I said you didn’t poop out; you just got nervous which is normal.  We practiced a few times on Monday evening, but I didn’t make a big deal about it.  On Tuesday morning before I left for UCI, I prayed with him and told him that I knew he was going to do a great job!
Tuesday afternoon Khin reported that he had done outstanding and didn’t make any mistakes.
The only weakness was that he made eye contact only with Sra. Cervantes and not with his audience.  We will need to work on public speaking.  Good job!
This is what he said:
Hola, en mi familia son cuatro personas. Mi papa es Khin, Mi mama es Melissa. Mi hermana es Samara. Mi perro es Momo.  Mi familia le gusta caminar el perro ye comer la comida.  Nosotros compramos a Costco en sabado.  Gracias.

No comments:

Post a Comment