Thursday, August 8, 2013

A New School Year "Morado"

Well after a year of not writing, I have decided to pick up the "pen" once again. This year my son is in second grade, and my daughter has started Kindergarten. I didnt' write last year, because I could never figure out how to retrieve the photos from my mobile device. So, I don't know how many pictures I will be able to post this year, but I will keep trying to solve the problem. She came home yesterday with lots of stories to tell. Girls tend to me more vocal than boys, so I thought I should write down what she shares with me. She said that in kindergarten, students don't have time to go to the bathroom. So, she didn't go all day long. I told her that she can ask her teacher if she needs to go potty, and Sra. Oliver will allow her to go. Also, she came home with a full lunch pail...minus her bag of cherries. She thought lunch time was snack time, and she left her lunch box in the classroom. When she entered the cafeteria some one asked her if she had money. She said no, but was given some pizza and some fruit. She thought that was awesome. I reminded her this morning to take her lunch pail to the cafeteria. She said that she learned the Spanish alphabet and the numbers from 1 to 5 and then proceeded to say the numbers in Spanish. When I picked her up yesterday afternoon, she was holding a large Hello Kitty Stuffed Animal. I must have looked confused, so the teacher said to me "Morado". This means that Samara was well behaved and moved her name up from Verde to Morado, and she could select a treasure from the box. I couldn't believe my little girl earned Morado on the very first day of school! WOW....now I owe her a trip to Taget so she can pick a small reward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment