Sunday, August 11, 2013

First Week Highlights

It was such a wonderful week! Samara absolutely loves school. She doesn't want to go to the bathroom because she said she might miss something and won't know what to do when she gets back to the room. She broke my heart.
Yesterday she said the walked to the big room to listen to Mrs. Willis. I asked what Mrs Willis talked about. She said Mrs. Willis explained all the rules, but Samara couldn't remember any of the rules. I'm sure she will do just fine even if she can't remember all of the rules.
Another funny thing that happened is that she has come home with her lunch only 10% eaten. She says they have only one minute to eat!
The best thing about this week is that she has earned "morado" for the second time this week! Once again, she came home with an item from the treasure box. I am so proud of her. She is off to an excellent start.
I can hear her mumbling in Spanish. As Dr. Krashen would say, she is rehearsing by using her language din!
As for Jedadiah, he is happy that his second grade teacher, Sra. Puentes speaks English and that they have a long lunch break. Yesterday he played soccer for a long time and came home starving and ate two bowls of shrimp!
I have to say, it will definitely be a different experience going through dual immersion kinder with my daughter since she has so many stories to share! I look forward to sharing them here in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment