Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week Two Highlights

Monday night, before falling asleep I was holding Jedadiah’s hand and noticed that he didn’t have his two green rubber bracelets on, he only had one.  I asked him, where is your other bracelet.  He said I gave one to my friend at school. I said which friend?  He said the one with the Hello Kitty backpack.  I asked what her name is.   He didn’t know.  I looked for the girl with the Hello Kitty backpack on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Finally today, she walked up to my son and handed him back his bracelet.   She’s a pretty little girl with beautiful eyes and a kind face.  Her name is Emily. 

This week when I have been asking about his day, I am asking basically two questions:
            What was the best part of your day?
            What was the worst part of your day?
                        These have been some of his responses:
·         The best part was when I saw my sister standing at the gate waiting for me.  The worst part was when I had to go home.
·         The best part was playing outside during recess.  The worst part was typing the missing letters on the computer.  That was super hard!
·         The best part was doing my math work.  The worst was when the kids were telling the teacher it was my fault.

While I reading a book (attempting to read it) in Spanish Tuesday night, he noticed one of his sight words VEO….he said that’s one of the words on my list.   Wow, I was so shocked.
And last night, his sister had LOVE written on her pajamas…he said look mom her shirt says VEO….

Yesterday, he was singing the numbers 1-13 then got stuck on number 14…catorce. I am so amazed at how his brain works. 

For me, it has been challenging because I can’t communicate directly to Sra. Olvera, and I don’t have direct access to his room.  I hope to volunteer one day a week in his classroom, so I can observe and help when needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment