Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week Three Highlights

This week, I kept reiterating the same mantra….”Keep your hands to yourself.”
“Ignore the kids who are unkind.” 
I guess part of kindergarten is socialization, which includes taking turns; standing in line, keeping your hand to yourself, going potty alone and learning other important life lessons.  That’s what Jedadiah is focusing on this week. 
In addition, I have heard him sing the numbers song from 1-10, say his sight words as he holds the flash cards in his hands, teach his dad how to say compudador (computer)  and marcador (pen).  In addition, I hear him sing his own made-up songs in Spanish.  As a teacher of language learning theory, I recognize these “song” as The Din.
This next will be a repeat of the same mantra.  Last Friday, his teacher said it was a rough day.  We have removed almost all of his privileges and made him do many chores around this house this weekend.  I pray that week four will be better.  Hopefully I can start volunteering this next week and will be in the classroom on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment