Monday, September 5, 2011

Grandma’s Response


Talking with Brenda, here in the office; I asked her to tell me about her experiences with her two boys when they started Kindergarten.  She said socializing was the toughest part.  She said, “no one is abusing your grandchild, it’s normal”.  She said one of her boys got bit in the stomach, the other in the arm, and many other things that she thinks are funny now, but told me all that is normal stuff.  Relax baby, it’ll all be OK.  I promise.

Think some candy will cheer someone or two up?


This is a courage building remedy!  I’m getting all kinds of courage building words here from several sources:  “My daughter’s son did not want to go to school today.” they took him anyway; the teacher gave him a hug, asked the father to leave and not look back.  Another said, “The teacher called me to come and pick up my daughter, she had hit someone.”  And on go the stories I am hearing.  I did not know this was so traumatic!  Did you experience such trauma when you started school? 

Grandma sent three boxes of See’s Candies to the house. They arrived on Thursday.  Jedadiah was so happy to hear the notion that candy builds courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment