Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 4 highlights

This week is been rough because he is so emotionally down.  He keeps saying that he has Zero friends. He says he has no one to play with during recess.  Additionally he says that the kids are mean to him and call him a chicken.  I guess this is normal for kindergarten, but I don’t know what to do.  Should I talk to the teacher or let things be.  When I have asked him what was the best part of your day and what the worst part of your day was, I have gotten similar answers all week.  He says the best part is when I get to go home. The worst is when I arrived or during recess.   When I asked him he likes kindergarten, he said the outside is ok, but the inside is awful.
There is another boy in the class who has gone home two days this week because he vomited during lunch.  I wondered to myself if this student is experiencing stress.  Yesterday another mom said that he daughter had gotten in trouble during the first week because she stuck her tongue out at another girl in the class.  Knowing that other kids have gotten in trouble at school made me more accepting of Jedadiah’s behavior.  At least I know he’s not the only one, and I am not the only mom who has been given a bad report from the teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment